Thursday, November 19, 2009

Jour J /D-Day is tomorrow, Friday, November 20, 2009

Like Bo Derek and Otto von Habsburg before him, November 20th will signify the arrival of our little boy who is scheduled to arrive by c-section at 8:30 am. The past 48 hours have been quite eventful after receiving a declaration from the radiologue that there was no way on earth that this child was going to come out of me sane and safe via a natural birth (nor was I to come out of it unscathed) as I was apparently below the norm in size in my pelvic region (Sorry if this is TMI). Yesterday I received 2 phone calls from the OB staff, the first to cancel my appointment on Friday where I was to have another ultrasound and a second call to alert me to the fact that the c-section was scheduled for Friday (as in this Friday??? was my response). It seems that it was all happening and all I could do was go along for the ride. Thanks to everyone who helped me through the shock of a c-section. I'm totally zen and hey just think Jr will come out perfect, after not having to squeeze through any small spaces. I am apparently in very good hands, as my OB, Dr. Sabane, remarked to me today that he has "the best hands" at Saint Felicite, after my asking him to present his hands to me for a final review being that they were to be cutting me open the following morning...he does indeed have nice hands and a great sense of humor.

Needless to say Cleber and I are so EXCITED to meet Junior and we hope and pray that everything will go smoothly and that you will all be able to visit with him virtually or in person in the coming weeks.

Love to all of you!

Lucie-Anne and Cleber

3 comments:

  1. How very exciting, Lucie-Anne and Cleber! Wonderful news. I cannot wait to see pix tomorrow! xoxo Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucie-Anne, Hi Cleber !

    Que de retournements de situations !!! J'espère donc que tout s'est bien passé ce matin.

    Je vous embrasse tous les trois, en espérant très vite avoir de vos nouvelles et pouvoir dire bienvenu à Jr.

    Stéphanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking of you two (ahem three) and look froward to hearing how it is all going.... xoxox

    ReplyDelete