Thursday, November 26, 2009

Lucas Domingos Rogerio Bonato

November 20th, 2009 will be a day that Cleber and I will never forget as it is the day that our precious son was born.

I arrived at the clinic at 7am and was brought into the preparation room. At 8:30, following a anti-bacterial shower, I was escorted by a nurse into the operating room where my life and that of Cleber's and our families was to forever change. Lucas arrived at 9:15 am (3,6 kilos and 51 cm long) in his creamy white glory only to find a mother who was hallucinating due to a bad reaction to morphine. Next thing I knew a pediatrician had brought over my squeaky clean child swaddled in a white blanket next to me so that I could admire him close-up although it was all a blur.... Four hours later and with Cleber stepping in to support me and cuddle with our baby Lucas while I was still dealing with the undesirable after effects from the morphine, we were whisked up to my room, no. 311, which would be my home for the next 6 days. All in all it was a wonderful experience and the staff at Sainte Felicite were a major reason why we were able to make the most of my stay and to enjoy every minute with our son. We feel so incredibly blessed that everything went as smoothly and that we are now the proud parents of a wonderfully calm little baby boy.

I suppose I could also have led in with the fact that he's the most beautiful child I've ever seen, the most intelligent, with a sparking future ahead but you already assumed that, right???

Here's to our family and friends, especially Grandmere Anne-Louise, Dedecek Jan, Auntie Marie-Louise, Avo Dirce and Tios Maurcio and Mauricio

We cannot wait to be able to share Lucas with you in person. He's truly our little miracle baby.

Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. SO THRILLED FOR YOU, Lucie-Anne and Cleber! I cannot wait to meet Lucas. He's gorgeous, just like his parents and as talented and brilliant, too, I'm sure. Lots of love to you! xoxo Kate

    ReplyDelete