It's approximately 2 weeks before the due date of Junior and all is ready: the room, the stroller, the baby clothes, my bags are packed for the clinic (I'll be giving birth at the Clinique Saint Felicite in the 15th Arrondisement of Paris), and we even have diapers ready and waiting.
At my last OB appointment Jr. was still very high and thus my Doctor has scheduled a radio and another ultrasound to determine whether I have the space to clear Jr through without too much stress. That was the moment that I cursed the fact that I could wear skinny jeans....now look where it's gotten me! Needless to say it seems that having eaten my weight in cheese has landed on Jr and he's a VERY healthy baby boy. Funny enough my mother warned me about the blessings and curses of the Guichard line of women... which include that we're incredibly fertile, small boned and are destined to suffer through long labors (apparently my mother was told that a c-section would be in her future and she just said "No". Oh mom, you are truly an original...)
On a side note there are moment when I wake Cleber up to let him that we're having a baby, as I still can't believe it...it truly is one of the most miraculous and anciety ridden adventures that I've been on. I pray that Junior is born healthy...and of course handsome and intelligent...the rest we'll just have to leave to chance. =)
We'll update you this week on the final decision as I have tests scheduled for Tuesday and Friday...
In Love and Peace,
Lucie-Anne, Cleber and Jr.
I am so very excited for you both> And I am gald that I have already had the pleasure of meeting Jr. when he was just a small little bump. My how he has grown!! My thoughts are with you both on the impending arrival!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
--Carolyn
this is so very exciting! I wish you a fast and speed delivery - and healthy healthy healthy vibes! xxoo Meghan
ReplyDelete