Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Christmas and New Years in Brazil

For the holdays the entire Radimsky-Bonato clan came together in Sao Paulo. I was going to be able to see not only my grandparents, auntie Marie and Marcio but my uncle Mauritio who I had never met and who is my Daddy's twin. The flight over I was sooooo good, I slept, ate, pooped, and smiled my way into the hearts of every last passenger and flight attendant. "Oh he's so good", "Didn't even know that there was a baby on board" "Handsome young boy" "So charming" were phrases we often heard and so my reign as golden child was solid especially since I was suffering from an ear infection and a cold. We landed and we were greated by Mauritio, Ana flavia, his wife (who's also expecting!!!), My grandpa Sergio, his girlfriend and her son. Everyone clamoured to get me in their arms but I had one goal and that was to see Mauritio, as I love Daddy I knew I'd love Mauritio. My uncle Maurition is a sportscaster for TV and Radio and he's FUNNY, we never stopped laughing....lucky me. We headed directly to grandma's where we stayed for the first week before Aunti Marie was to arrive. I was fed rice, beans and manioc to my hearts content, so much so that in one month I gained 1.5 kilos....brazil is good for babies. My auntie arrived and yet another set of wonderful arms for me to play in....we spent Christmas at Mauritio's with Ana's family. We had a special guest, Tropical Santa claus and his trusted reindeer (who resembled a small white dog) dressed in appropraite attire. It was a very special Christmas and again I found myself surrounded by presents, presents, presents....I could very well get used to this. We ate a lovely dinner and I had an entire play area for me to try out my new toys. The reindeer/dog was terribly suspicious of me and thus he proceeded to pee on my playmat, bad doggie!!! Grandma and Grandpa California arrived the following day and that's when we really started to gain momentum, as we were whisked every which way top parks and museums, wined and dined in the most amazing restaurants and I even had my own "shoe"man, grandpa - every morning I'd bring my shoes to him and he'd kindly put them on. Oh to be young, adorable and dependent....New Year's was spent again around a big table in an Italian resto - Auntie Marie was already off to California but we enjoyed a lovely evening and I developed a real appreciation for "cheering" everyone with my plastic sippee cup. 2011 was officially here and it was so very special to have my family there to share it with me. Happy New Year to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment