Busy bee that would be me - but here's the skinny on what I've been up to....Working backwards:
California Dreaming - Just returned from a month long trip to California where I splashed in my baby pool with my Auntie Marie and carried on long conversations on Fox News reporting with Grandma and Grandpa. I was keen to show them all my new vocabulary which I've developed over the past few months in English, portugese and French. Some key words are "Tetine" (Pacifier in French), Truck, Car, Camillon, Kitty Kay, Bow wow, Bus, Bike, Moto.... if you're seeing a trend in transportation than you have correctly defined the world in which I live. My very being is tied to the latest and greatest four wheeled or more transport that I can set my eyes on...I've quite a collection at home and feel it necessary to carry them all over the house and in stereo as nothing beats a moto experience without the sound of Vroom vrooooom vrooooooooom. I took my first swimming lessons as Paris seems to be a bit delinquent about actually teaching children to swim before the age of 6. I enjoyed my two week class with Stacey and Conrad and loved my fellow swimmers: Maddie, Max, and Matthew. I ingested everything under the California sun, including; fresh ginger, salmon sashimi, asparagus soup, corn soup, heirloom tomatoes, white beans, edamame, pistachios, etc. Continuing the gourmet fest into Napa and Sonoma plus a quick visit to SF and Lafayette to visit friends and visit a camera shop for Dad completed our trip - 5 luggages and two planes later we landed in Paris safely.
La Creche - Daycare finished on a low note. Some kid decided that I was a tasty treat and BIT ME! Thankfully no skin broke but what a downer. That being said another bad piece of news is that Mom's favorite staff member is leaving. I continue to enjoy the time with the kids but I am not sure what this year will bring as I'm moving to the Abeilles section from the Grenouilles ( I've graduated to BEE from being a FROG).
Learning - I have been developing all sorts of new tricks to add to my repetoire. Love helping Mom put the dirty laundry into the washing machine - even if it looks like I've taken a dive into the machine with only my feet sticking out I eventually come up for air. I have really gotten to love feeding myself and tear the spoon/fork out of Mommy's hand so that I can do it on my own. Also definitely getting the handle of the cup, as I like to drink from the same type of glass as Mom and Dad. Running like a champ, Kicking the soccer ball like a Brazilian, and just being an all around athletic kid. I enjoy carrying bags over my shoulder and saying bye bye to my parents even though I go literally nowhere- I suppose I'm preparing for the college years. I climb on everything and my mom is constantly leaping to save a vase or a fragile something or other from my grasp. Potty training is well on it's way. Mom needs to be more disciplined with me but I've shown a willingess and many successful tries now I just to get over to the potty in time for every movement.
Love to Love - I'm a hugger, it's true! I love to hug, come within a foot of me and I'll put out my arms wide widw wide and swing them around your neck and squeeze. Mommy and Daddy can't stop asking for more so apparently they must really be that good. If I see a baby cry I am immediately concerned and if Mommy gives me the go-ahead I'll approach them and slowly go in for the ....Hug.
Future Veternarian - Like my father and maternal grandfather, I have a love for animals. My favorites are Dogs and I literally lean out of my stroller to touch them or even just to point. I've met so many and I have learned to ask the owner before touching a doggy, and then offering my hand. I had the most fun one evening with a Rodesian Ridgeback....He was the size of a horse but that didn't stop me from petting him, attempting to ride on his back and sleep next to him on his mat. I just laughed and laughed everytime that he brushed by me.
Overall I'm a good kid and I mean well. I am well dressed thanks to Mommy, laugh a ton thanks to Daddy and am loved thanks to all of you and my families abroad.
I'd love to have you come over for a visit so please make sure to make you're way to Paris. I'm waiting for you with a HUG!
No comments:
Post a Comment